This is a course for wine enthusiasts who've already attended tastings and wine events. Why not take your interest a step further by following a Wine and Spirit Education Trust course? The Trust is recognised around the world as the leading provider of wine education and their courses are aimed at both employees in the wine trade and the interested consumer.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits offers excellent all-round knowledge of key grape varieties and regions of the world, and principle types of spirits. Students are also taught how to taste wine professionally using the WSET systematic Approach to Tasting. Each session includes 6 wine tasting samples. The programme covers:
- How wine is made and other factors which influence the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Understanding label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- Students wishing to gain the qualification need to pass a multiple choice examination of 50 questions
Oriole Wine Education is the principal provider of WSET courses in Co Down, and is run by Drina Ferguson AIWS, a WSET Certified Educator with many years experience in delivering WSET courses, who has trained the staff of James Nicholson from WSET Level 2 through to WSET Level 4 Diploma. the next WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits is held over 8/9 sessions on Wednesday evenings in Saintfield, starting mid-September.
To obtain the course programme, contact Drina through the contact page on the website: www.orioleni.co.uk